Easy way to do iPhone factory reset using our professional guide on how to Factory Reset iPhone with or without password.
If you’re searching how to factory reset iPhone 8, X, 11, SE, 12, 13 or hard reset iPhone to factory settings, then don’t worry now!!! There are several ways and ‘easy’ methods that will allow you to easily factory reset iPhone.
Do remember while applying following methods, you will lose your data like contacts, videos, media, photos, etc. We are not responsible for your lost data.warning
Table of Contents
When to Factory Reset iPhone ?
You may want to factory reset iPhone to factory settings when you bought a new iPhone and want to sell your old one. Before selling you can erase all data on iPhone, so that your iPhone is completely empty for sale. In this guide, we will show you how to erase and factory reset iPhone. Sometimes your iPhone gets hang, unresponsive, or freeze in a booting loop or become slow, then you can try resetting your iPhone to its factory settings. In this guide we’ll show you easy ways to factory reset iPhone. This method does not require any third-party tools or specialist knowledge.
With this guide, hard resetting iPhone is a piece of cake and can be done yourself in minutes.
Things to know before using iPhone Factory Reset method
Deleting data or erasing your iPhone or iPad is easy, but we have a tip before you do iPhone factory reset. It is a good idea to back up your iPhone via iCloud if you want to transfer all content and settings to a new iPhone. You can read our article on how to use Apple iCloud drive on iPhone. Also, unpair your Apple Watch if you have one connected to your iPhone.
How to Factory Reset iPhone in iOS 15
- Go to Settings and tap General.
- Scroll down and tap Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Choose the option at the bottom Erase all content and settings, here you can see what will be removed.
- Tap on Continue and enter your passcode and Apple ID password.
- After this, your iPhone will reboot, completely erased and restored to factory settings.
Note: It is not possible to factory reset an iPhone without the password of the associated Apple ID.
iPhone Factory Reset in iOS 14 and earlier iOS
- Go to Settings and then tap General.
- Swipe down to the very bottom and choose Reset.
- Tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now, enter your password.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to confirm.
- Enter your Apple ID password and tap Erase.
- Your iPhone will reboot, completely erased and restored to factory settings.
Factory or Hard Reset iPhone from recovery mode
- Connect your iPhone to your pc or mac with a USB cable and start the iTunes.
- Turn off your iPhone completely before entering the recovery mode.
- Press and hold the Power button and slide to turn it OFF. If the iPhone isn’t responding, press and hold the Power and Home buttons at the same time for a few seconds to turn it off.
- Now press and hold the Home button until the notification “Connect to iTunes” appears on your PC or mac screen. You’ll see a connector pointing at an iTunes icon. Now you can release the button.
- Now, you’ll also see a message telling you that iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode and needs to restore.
- Now you can click the Restore button in iTunes and then wait for iOS to download and install on your iPhone.
- Your iPhone will be completely erased and reinstalled with iOS.
Why to do a Factory Reset on iPhone before selling?
Factory resetting your iPhone is recommended when you sell or give away your iPhone. First back up all your data to iCloud and erase all content and settings from iPhone so that your data doesn’t end up in someone else’s hands. Even though your iPhone seems completely blank when you manually delete photos, files and apps. A lot of data and settings remain that you cannot easily find and delete. Therefore, it is always recommended to do a Factory Reset on iPhone and completely erase your iPhone data using the “Erase All Content and Settings” feature as mentioned above.
Hope this article has helped you to do iPhone factory reset using our simple methods. If you have any suggestions or questions, please write in the comment box below.
For more Apple related issues, do check out our other articles here.
Above methods can also be used to resolve following problems:
- How to factory reset iPhone
- How to factory reset iPhone without password
- How to reset an iPhone
- How to do a factory reset on iPhone
- How to factory reset iPhone 7
- How to factory reset iPhone 6
- How to factory reset iPhone 11
- How to factory reset iPhone 8
- How to factory reset iPhone se
- How to factory reset iPhone xr